A resident of Colorado for most of her life, Lori's paintings reflect her fascination for ‘all things west’. Her compositions emphasize the dramatic effects of light and atmosphere to create a sense of depth and energy within her work. She is proficient at painting many aspects of western art — from landscapes, to wildlife and equine subjects. Lori's style is strongly influenced by past masters of the Hudson River School and contemporaries Tucker Smith, Michael Coleman and Colorado's Jay Moore.
Nationally recognized, Lori's paintings have been selected for exhibitions throughout the country, including The Masters of the American West, Oil Painters of America, The National Museum of Wildlife Art, Paint the Parks Top 100, And the American Academy of Equine Art.
Lori studied art and geology at Colorado State University, but believes her greatest teacher has been observation and experience. An active outdoors person and horsewoman, Lori paints from her own personal experience. Backcountry explorations often bring her face to face with the wildlife in their natural habitat. These personal experiences are the inspiration for her work.
All art work is oil on linen
- Hockaday Museum of Art A Timeless Legacy Exhibition and Sale Kalispell, MT August 2017
- Stampede Western Invitational Greeley, CO June 2017
- Montana Miniatures Art Auction Great Falls, MT March 2017
- Trailside Galleries Wildlife Discovery Show Jackson, WY February 2017
- Autry National Center Master’s of the American West Los Angeles, CA February 2017
- Trailside Galleries Holiday Miniatures Show Jackson, WY December 2016
- Hockaday Museum of Art A Timeless Legacy Exhibition and Sale Kalispell, MT August 2016
- Trailside Galleries High Country Summer Jackson, WY July 2016
- Stampede Western Invitational Greeley, CO June 2016
- Trailside Galleries Masters in Miniatures Exhibition, Jackson Hole, WY, July 2015
- National Museum of Wildlife Art Plein Air Festival, Jackson Hole, WY, June 2015
- Autry National Center, Masters of the American West, Los Angeles, CA, 2015
- Stampede Western Invitational, Greeley, CO, June 2015
- Trailside Galleries Wildlife Discovery Exhibition, Jackson Hole, WY, March 2015
- National Museum of Wildlife Art Plein Air Festival, Jackson Hole, WY, June 2014
- Autry National Center, Masters of the American West, Los Angeles, CA, 2014
- Stampede Western Invitational, Greeley, CO, 2012
- OPA Western Regional Exhibition, Calistoga, CA 2011
- OPA Western Regional Exhibition, Kirkland, WA, 2009
- Window to the West Exhibition, Pomona, CA
- The American Academy of Equine Art, Lexington, KY
- Paint the Parks Top 100 Competition and Exhibition, Washington D.C.
- Art of the West, March/April 2017
- Southwest Art, May 2015
- Western Art Collector March 2014
- Western Art Collector February 2014
- Southwest Art June 2013
- Western Art Collector March 2013
- Southwest Art, June 2011
- American Art Collector, August 2009
- Artist’s Association of Northern Colorado National Show, Honorable Mention, 2012
- Salon International, Honorable Mention, 2012
"May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. May your rivers flow without end, ...into mysterious swamps and down into a desert of red rock, blue mesas, domes and pinnacles and grottos of endless stone, and down again into a deep vast ancient unknown chasm where bars of sunlight blaze on profiled cliffs, where deer walk across the white sand beaches, where storms come and go as lightning clangs upon the high crags, where something strange and more beautiful and more full of wonder than your deepest dreams waits for you -- beyond that next turning of the canyon walls."
- Edward Abbey